- 5 golden rules for copywriters
- Lifestyle of a freelance writer
- Writing travel reviews for money
- Academic freelance writing positions
- Writing positions for 17 years old
- Getting best writing positions online
- Description of science writing businees
- How to become a good report writer
- Great career in fashion freelance writing
- Writing academic essays for money
- Freelance writing / editing jobs
- SEO writing: the job description
- Freelance songwriting jobs
- Finding part time jobs online
- How find new opportunities
- Finding new writing jobs
- Finding freelance blog writing jobs
- Getting promising part-time writing jobs
A Brief Introduction to Freelance History Writing for Newbies
Freelance writing is considered to be a great opportunity for practically everyone, regardless of their previous occupations. Still, such a job can have numerous pitfalls that should be kept in mind, especially if you are a newbie.
What History Freelance Writing Requires from a Person
Being a freelance writer means having a number of skills that can vary, depending on the sphere of application of these skills.
- Good grammar. This skill is a must for all writers who want to succeed. If you cannot operate the language freely and correctly, your texts will not be accepted.
- Good knowledge of the subject. If you are a history writer, you need to be brilliant in this area. Otherwise, you will find no customers to purchase your products. Depending on the texts you are composing, you may need very deep and wide knowledge. For example, composing academic papers from essays to dissertations, you need to be a real expert in the area.
- A talent for composing texts. You can be a professor in your area, yet, if you have no gift for catchy, reader-friendly composition, you will hardly become a successful freelance writer. It’s a very important skill if you want to write for a history publication that is aimed at the attraction of readers’ attention.
- An ability to handle tasks quickly and properly. If you are completing customers’ requests, you sometimes need to be very quick but accurate enough so that the work doesn’t lose in quality. It’s a very important skill if you are planning to make money by producing academic projects for people.
Where to Search for a Job
A history writer can find a job in many spheres. The first and foremost option that is able to make you good money is writing for students. History is such a subject that many students hate, so, you are likely to have many clients with academic project requests, beginning with essays and ending with dissertations. It’s a good job if you are responsible, professional, and knowledgeable enough. If you want, you can also try your hand at the so-called ghost writing, which means composing bestsellers under another person’s name. It can be an interesting job that makes good money, and a lot of fun, also.
As well, you can find a job in online or offline publications that are dedicated to history. Essays about interesting and important historic events can become your true profession. You can even become famous if you manage to create popular and interesting texts that attract readers.