- 5 golden rules for copywriters
- Lifestyle of a freelance writer
- Writing travel reviews for money
- Academic freelance writing positions
- Writing positions for 17 years old
- Getting best writing positions online
- Description of science writing businees
- How to become a good report writer
- Great career in fashion freelance writing
- Writing academic essays for money
- Freelance writing / editing jobs
- SEO writing: the job description
- Freelance songwriting jobs
- Finding part time jobs online
- How find new opportunities
- Finding new writing jobs
- Finding freelance blog writing jobs
- Getting promising part-time writing jobs
Solid Advice On How To Get A Subtitles Writing Job Online
People who are good at learning languages can always earn their living even in desperate times. The world has become more global and there is too much demand for inter-language dealings. It may be a foreign language movie, a translation of an official edict or other such spheres.
When you look about getting subtitles writing job online, you need to first be good in at least two languages; one being English and the other being a popular language, say French, Spanish or Arabic.
- When you have achieved that, you shall lookout for translation jobs in online work platforms. Treat them as the preparatory phase. With a few assignments, you will get better at interpolating different works; the main blockade comes in form of grammar orientation.
- You can then look into the subtitles section. You will be amazed by the number of assignments that sprouts out as you type the keyword subtitles. The main absorbent is movies. With the help of subtitles, classic movies made in a country (say, Spain) can be internationally enjoyed.
- You have to be fluent with the flair and texture of the language. Every language has a different take on slangs, expressions; inflections. When you have to translate a dialogue, you have to interpret the expression, not to make a verbatim translation. If you try the latter, the magic may be missed in most cases. For instance, a joke in a language may not have equal impact when it is translated in other.
- You shall see movies in the language you have specialized in and make an endeavor to translate the whole movie into subtitles. You shall then attempt to make the subtitles crisper. This will render an untold confidence in you as you deal with it.
- You will obviously be helped by the directives that come in at intervals from the person who has hired you. Keep his directions as a footnote; it will help you with future renditions as well.
- You may also be hired for offering subtitles to small videos; even ads. Just because these are small in size does not mean that you should take them up frivolously. Treat every assignment as if it is a step towards stardom. Never lack in discipline.
The subtitles assignments are quite decent-paying as well, so if you cut the cord, you are in for a neat and smart life. The trick lies in trying to keep reinventing yourself.